One of our fellow reader complained that he is receiving a message “This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer” whenever he tries to open a hyperlink. When i had made a look on this problem, there are thousands of people feeling the same problem, forced me to find a solution.
“This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer” could be cause due to different problems including the change in default web browser or due to damaged key.
Solution to “This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer”
I guarantee all of this method gets work, hops some of them will work.
Solution 1: By Changing the default web browser
- Control Panel
- Add/Remove Programs
- Set Program Access and Defaults.
- Change the default web browser to something else.
Solution 2: Repair damaged key
Sometimes the problem may due to damaged key HKEY_Local_Machine\Software\Classes\htmlfile\shell\open\command So download the key from here. and install it.
Solution 3: By HTM/HTML association in the registry
- Start > Run
- Type Regedit and press OK.
- Locate HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\.html
- Right click the value for the .html key and select Modify.
- Change the value from “FireFoxHTML ” to “htmlfile” OR from “ChromeHTML” to “htmlfile”.
- Repeat for .htm, shtml, .xht, .xhtml, .xhtm keys.
- If There exist htm and .shtml keys repeat the same steps.
- Reboot your PC.
Solution 4: Changing nocontrolpanel value
- Open registry editor using RUN > Regedit
- Search for “nocontrolpanel” using Ctrl + F.
- Open the result and change value from 1 to 0.
I am a part time worker for a computer shop. Among this Solution 2 ,3 and 4 have a great scope than first one. In some computers i can’t able to find out the solution. Any way try all of this and comment the result.