Now a days external hard disks are widely using. Most of the latest Laptops are arriving with external hard disks. The main reason behind the popularity of external hard disks are the portability feature.
If you had used your external hard disks on more than one computers, you may noticed that it may not detected on some of the computers. This also happen in my case. I bought a brand new hard disk. There seems no problem in installing and using on my Personal computer but moving it to my college Lab computer, It not getting detected. I contacted Lab Assistant for checking whether the USB drives are locked or working condition. But its completely working for pen drives and other USB drives.
Then what is the reason behind this simple mystery? I asked my professor. [Every time Google is my professor. Now also no change] I found that the reason behind external hard disk not detecting problem is due to the out of dated USB drivers. I should update USB drivers in order to make it working.
How I solved external Hard Disk not detecting problem?
Here is the way to update drivers so that external hard disk will detect automatically once you inserted it on the USB port.
- Type devmgmt.msc and press Enter key.
- Now a list appears with various component names.
- Expand Universal Serial Controller.
- Right click on sub items and Choose update Driver software.
Some times it shows The best driver software for your device is already installed and even not detecting your external hard disk. Then follow the below steps.
Solved External hard disk not detecting problem using Drivermax
- Open and search for latest hard ware updates.
- Now you can see the device connected in USB asking for a driver update.
- After update driver re plug your external hard disk. this time it will surely detect by the PC.
If anyone of you know any alternative methods, let me know. Thanks.