Last week, I bought new windows 8 home basic. It was my 2 month intention to buy an original version of any windows product. Most time I likely to use the cracked one. Without loosing much more time, I installed it on my PC configured with AMD processor and Asus mother board. I have a little doubt that whether it will work on my board or not. Hurray…. I successfully installed the version any enjoy it for a week.After one week, my friend gave me a Pen drive to me for passing some movies. It was one of the heart breaking moment because windows not detecting the Pendrive. I tried changing my pendrive to another. No result. None of the USB not detecting by the device. I felt sad because there were no problem when I used cracked windows version.
Reasons Why USB not detecting in Windows 8
Here are some of the possible Reasons Why USB not detecting in Windows 8.
- Using 3.0 instead of 2.0 or vice versa.
- Damage to the USB.
- Old USB Driver softwares.
- Out of dated Chipset Drivers.
How to Solve Windows 8 not detecting USB drive problem?
Method 1: Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
Hardware and Devices troubleshooter fixes most of the problems of USB drive in any windows platform.
- Open Search in windows by Pointing the mouse pointer to the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Type “hardware and Devices” in the search box and search.
- Click on “Find and Fix problems with devices”.
Method 2: USB Driver Update
This can be solved by simply updating the Drivers of Universal Serial Bus. In my case it were the problem which get solved in less than 5 minutes.
- Open Control panel.
- Click on the Hardware and Sound link.
- In the Hardware and Sound window, you can see Device Manager. Click Device Manager.
There you can see the devices connected to your system.
- Now click on Universal Seriel Bus controllers.
- Right Click and update drivers for every Universal Seriel Bus controllers sub category.
- Now click Search automatically for updated driver software or Manually browse for the updates you have downloaded earlier. I recommend automatically updated for driver software.
Method 3: By updating the Chipset drivers.
- Press “Windows key + X”.
- Click “Device Manager”
- Right click on the Chipset drivers.
- Select “Update Driver Software”.
Method 4: Using Registry modification